[UK] The PHYCONET Annual Meeting 2015 will be held as a 1-day workshop on Wednesday, 26th August during the European Phycological Congress in London.
Registration is now open via www.eventbrite.com/e/phyconet-annual-conference-2015-tickets-17274761276. This event is free (however, those wishing to attend EPC6 itself must register at www.epc6.com and pay the EPC6 registration fee).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Vitor Verdelho (A4F, President of the European Algae Biomass Association): Microalgae production technologies and extreme microalgae
- Tracey Beacham (Plymouth Marine Laboratory): ALGEBRA: ALGal Environmental and Biotechnological Risk Assessment
- Carole Llewellyn (Swansea University): Title to be confirmed
- Tom Bibby (University of Southampton): Realising the biotechnological potential of marine microalgae
- Pattanathu Rahman (TeeGene Biotech Ltd): Biosurfactants and bioemulsifiers from microalgae
- Michael Graz & Almero Barnard (Neem Biotech Ltd): Considerations for downstream processing of microalgae and thoughts on commercialisation
- Emmanouil Flemetakis (University of Athens): ALGAECOM: mining and optimizing microalgae biomass for novel cosmeceuticals
There will be a session for early-careers researchers for students and postdoctoral researchers to showcase their work; if you would like a 20-minute slot (15 minute presentation + 5 minutes for questions) in this session, the final call to submit your title, author and institution details and abstract (max. 300 words) to [email protected] is 5pm on Monday 3rd August. Travel costs within the UK will be covered for invited speakers.
There will also be a poster session. Posterboards will accommodate up to A0 posters (portrait orientation only). If you wish to present a poster, the final call to submit your title, author and institution details and abstract (max. 300 words) [email protected] is 5pm on Monday, 3rd August.
There will be a prize for best early career researcher presentation and poster presentation.
The final programme will be posted shortly.
This will be a members-only event; if you would like to attend and are not a member of PHYCONET, please complete the membership form at www.phyconet.org.uk/membership.
View original article at: Phyconet Annual Conference 2015