[USA] EcoAnalysts is currently searching for an individual who enjoys algae taxonomy and who wants to be part of a successful team of aquatic scientists. If you wish to use your knowledge and experience to help people make highly informed decisions regarding the condition and stewardship of our natural resources, then we encourage you to explore the information below and throughout our entire website at www.ecoanalysts.com.
EcoAnalysts Inc. is currently seeking qualified applicants to process both Diatom and Soft Algae samples. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience and knowledge of both types. Duties include identification of samples in a production environment and data summarization for reporting to clients.
The major responsibility of the Algae Taxonomist is the identification of algae samples; therefore, demonstrated experience with algae taxonomy is required.
- Knowledge of appropriate sample handling and preparation techniques is required.
- Proficient reading and writing skills and the ability to follow protocols. Experience using literature to make ID’s.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Experience with North American algae taxa from a variety of habitats.
- Accuracy and speed is imperative due to fixed project budgets.
- Excellent work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, willingness to go the “extra mile”, and ability to work well in small groups and independently.
Minimum education requirement is a BS in a related scientific field, but preference will be given to higher education levels. Preference will also be given to applicants with at least two years of identification experience in a production taxonomy setting.
Salary range and benefits are dependent upon experience, qualifications and job performance. Benefits include flex time, vacation/sick time, a health insurance plan (medical, vision and dental) and an employer-matched investment fund.
Please send or email 1) letter of application, 2) complete resume, and 3) three professional references. MUST BE CURRENTLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Anticipated start date:
Positions available immediately
Human Resources Department
1420 S. Blaine Street, Ste 14, Moscow, Idaho 83843
Posted: June 29, 2017
View original article at: Algae taxonomist wanted in EcoAnalysts Inc.