Sometimes a little too much fun in the sun can leave your skin looking dry, dull and in need of a little moisture and TLC.
Spirulina, which is a blue green algae is a skin (and body) superfood that can help rejuvenate and repair damaged skin and give you back that healthy glow that you might be currently lacking…
Beauty Benefits of Spirulina:
- High-protein content.
- It is one of the richest sources of antioxidants.
- It contains chlorophyll, which helps cleans the skin and strengthen tissues.
- Helps the skin store moisture, which will help with elasticity and fine lines.
- It has soothing and calming effects, which are great if you have rosacea or sensitive skin.
- Can help eliminate acne causing bacteria.
What you need:
- 1/4 tsp of spirulina powder *
- a few drops of filtered water
*You can find spirulina at your local natural grocery store. I purchase mine from the bulk section and get just a little bit at a time. You can also get it in tablet form (you would crush up the tablets).
- Mix about 1/4 tsp of spirulina with a few drops of filtered water until you have a paste.
- Apply the mask to clean skin with a facial brush or clean fingertips.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then remove with warm water and a soft facial cloth.
- Follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
For optimal results this mask can be done 2-3 times per week.
View original article at: DIY Spirulina Face Mask (The ultimate superfood for your skin)