The members of the Integrated Sustainable Algae (InteSusAl) Consortium are glad to invite you to the ‘1st InteSusAl Workshop on Sustainable Microalgae Biomass Production: From Lab Tests to Industrial Scale’, which will take place on 21st May 2015 at the municipality of Olhão, in the Algarve region of Southern Portugal (near Faro).
The event will bring together scientists, industrial experts and decision makers in the field of algae biomass cultivation in order to discuss to challenges for further developing the technology and scaling it up to a fully sustainable and commercial production. More precisely, the workshop will:
- Provide the status of algae production for biofuels Europe and worldwide
- Present the key aspects to be addressed in the operation of InteSusAl’s one-hectare microalgae plant
- Present the vision of the European Commission on the role of microalgae biofuels in the years to come
- Discuss the policies needed to support the development of the algae industry in Europe.
Further information For additional information, please access www.intesusal-algae.eu or contact:
- Vinicius Valente, Communication Officer, [email protected]
- Andrew Kenny, Technical Project Leader, [email protected]
View original article at: 1st InteSusAl Workshop on Sustainable Microalgae Biomass Production