[USA] USA based company Algenol is seeking a talented, motivated registered patent attorney or agent having significant background in molecular biology or biotechnology and experience with patent and invention disclosure writing. This is a highly desirable opportunity to assume a visible role within an innovative, dynamic organization that is pioneering the industrial use of microalgae to produce biofuels and biochemicals.
- Preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications and managing outside prosecution counsel.
- Collaborating with researchers to identify inventions, record relevant information and draft, submit and manage invention disclosures.
- Conducting prior art searches.
- Conducting patentability, freedom to operate, infringement and validity analyses.
- Collaborating with technical staff to capture data through experimentation in support of patent filings.
- Leading activities of an invention review committee.
- Responding to inquiries from inventors and business decision-makers regarding patent applications and portfolios.
- Assisting in managing intellectual property relationships in connection with the company’s licensing, joint development and research collaboration relationships, and possibly in working with contracts related to such work.
- Advanced degree in biology or a related life science field.
- Experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Registration to practice with the U.S.P.T.O.
- Patent and/or technical experience relating to cyanobacteria or other prokaryotic organisms, especially relating to cellular genetic transformation.
J.D. degree and admission to a state bar (but patent agents are also encouraged to apply).
View original article at: Patent Attorney/Agent