[Global] Sometimes we all just need an extra boost of health, right? Well, this beautiful glass of green goodness is the perfect way to get it! Each time I finish this spirulina smoothie, I feel amazing. Seriously – it’s such an empowering feeling knowing you’ve just taken in literally everything your body needs!
If you’re new to healthy eating or are yet to try a green smoothie, just do it. Initially it may seem daunting to drink something bright green, but trust me, you’ll be addicted soon enough. Before I ventured into healthy eating, I didn’t picture myself sipping on glasses of broccoli, kale and avocado for breakfast!
Don’t worry, though – this recipe doesn’t go as far as to contain broccoli. And, thanks to the frozen blueberries and banana, it’s actually pretty sweet, so it’s the perfect introduction to green smoothies. Enjoy!
The health benefits of spirulina
- The combination of kale, spinach, blueberries and banana makes for a heavy dose of all the vitamins and minerals your body needs
- The superfoods chia, hemp and flaxseed are high in omega-3 fatty acids, essential to your brain, heart and joint health
- Spirulina is a healthy-enhancing algae that’s composed of 62% complete protein, meaning you’ll get a whole 4 g of protein per spoonful
- Spirulina is an excellent source of B vitamins, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc, iron, copper, selenium, essential fatty acids and antioxidants
So, in other words, the super-healthy ingredients in this green smoothie will do wonders for your mind and body.
Spirulina superfood smoothie recipe
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (you can buy them fresh and freeze them yourself – learn how here)
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp spirulina
Place everything together in a blender. Blend for a minute or so until smooth. I like my smoothies thick, so you may want to add a little more coconut water if you like yours a bit runnier. Then sip, love and enjoy!
View original article at: Take advantage of all the benefits spirulina has to offer in this superfood smoothie!