[China] The organizing committee is pleased to announce that the 4th Asia-Oceania Algae Innovation Summit (AOAIS) will be held in Wuhan, China, on September 18-21, 2016.
AOAIS is one of the most influential international conferences in algae biotechnology. Previous Summits attracted scientists, engineers, business representatives, investment bankers and governmental officials from all over the world.
With the theme of “Accelerating Research and Commercialization of Algae”, the AOAIS 2016 promotes collaborations between industries, universities and research institutes to make algae biotechnology industry a success. The AOAIS 2016 is expected to have over 600 participants from over 40 countries and regions including the US, Canada, Europe, South America, Africa, Netherlands, Israel, UK, France, Korea, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
AOAIS 2016 provides an exciting program of featuring plenary & keynote presentations, panel discussions, oral presentations, poster sessions, social functions, and excursions. Topic area includes:
- Cell and molecular biology of algae
- Photosynthesis and growth physiology of algae
- New tools for algal characterization & genetic manipulation
- Metabolic engineering of algae for biofuels and chemicals
- New developments in photobioreactor design and algal mass cultivation
- Heterotrophic cultivation of microalgae
- Wastewater and industrial flue gas treatment using algae
- Algal crop protection and disease control
- New approaches, techniques and processes for extraction and purification of chemicals from algal biomass
- Recent advances in conversion of algal biomass into fuels and chemicals
- Discovery, application and commercialization of value-added products
- Application of algae in the animal feed, cosmetics, functional foods and nutraceutical industries
- Techno-economic and life cycle analyses of production of algal biomass and/or products
Call for Abstracts
The AOAIS scientific committee seeks abstracts for high quality oral and poster presentations. All submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed and the acceptance details will be communicated by email. Abstracts need to be submitted via On-line Registration Program.
- Deadline of Early Bird Registration: April 30, 2016
- Deadline of Abstract Submission: April 30, 2016
The organizing committee warmly invite you to attend this special event.
View original article at: Discovery of enzyme from algae leads scientists further down path to pumping oil from plants