[USA] Chef Wendy Thueson shared a highly nutritious and delicious sandwich recipe that substitutes bacon for seaweed! The dulse (seaweed) has a salty taste with the perfect crunch, making it a great alternative if you are vegetarian. Wendy explained that Dulse contains lodine and is excellent for thyroid health.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Handful of Dulse (seaweed)
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- Green leaf lettuce, washed and in large pieces
- 1 avocado, mashed or Almondaise (a mayonnaise substitute)
- ½ tsp. Kirkland’s No-Salt Seasoning
- Several squares of bread (gluten-free or natural yeast bread works great)
Optional: Pickles and sunflower sprouts
- Put the 2 coconut oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- When hot enough, but not too hot, put the dulse in the oil piece by piece. It will swell up quickly.
- Take the pieces out after only a few seconds of being in the oil and swelling and place on the plate with the paper towel. Finish with all the dulse and set aside. Turn off heat.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the no-salt seasoning. Mix well.
- On a piece of bread, can be toasted, spread the mashed avocado mixture and arrange the rest of the toppings.
- Put the crispy dulse on last and another piece of bread. Serve. Try this delicious sandwich and pair it with a warm bowl of vegetable soup on a cold evening.
View original article at: Bacon-less BLT sandwich