[Global] This Creamy Coconut Spirulina Superfood Smoothie recipe is an easy way to boost energy and protein intake with real food. No protein powder needed. A “balanced” creamy Superfood smoothie with coconut milk, spirulina, fruit, avocado, ginger root, and a pinch antioxidant-rich spices! Paleo and vegan-friendly for all.
- 2-3 tablespoons chilled coconut cream
- 1 small avocado
- 1-2 strips fresh ginger root, or 1 tablespoon grated
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to sweetness desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamon spice
- 14-ounces almond milk
- 1 scoop spirulina powder (around 1/4-ounces)
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Chia seeds or topping of choice (optional)
- Make sure to have a can of coconut cream in the fridge. This will help thicken the smoothie when you blend. You can use at room temperature coconut cream but it won’t be as thick. You also have the option of leaving out the coconut cream if desired.
- Next peel your fruits, avocado, and grate your ginger.
- Place in a blender, add the spirulina last. Blend until smooth.
- Add a pinch of spirulina on top and a dash of coconut milk then place a fork in the middle of the cup to “swirl” together if you want that effect.
Per Serving Calories: 250 | Carbs: 21 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 8 g | Sugar: 11 g
View original article at: Coconut Spirulina superfood smoothie
Contact Algae World News for algae industry advertising and other opinions: [email protected]