[USA] ZIVO Bioscience, Inc. (OTCMKTS:ZIVO) a biotech/agtech R&D company engaged in the commercialization of nutritional and Continue reading ZIVO Bioscience, Inc. kicks off final phase of bovine mastitis study
[USA] Hamtramck-based McClure’s Pickles and Plymouth-based Algal Scientific Corp. have been named the first Endeavor Entrepreneurs by the nonprofit Endeavor Detroit, a designation that means they will be able to boost their businesses by meeting local and international business mentors Continue reading McClure's Pickles, Algal Scientific chosen as first Endeavor Detroit entrepreneurs
The more valuable the opportunity, the more likely it is that multiple companies and technologies will compete for market share. That doesn’t mean a particular market cannot support multiple… Continue reading What Does This New Nutritional Agreement Mean for Solazyme?
[9th, May 2014] Marine microalgae encompass attractive properties for biofuel production. The fat extracted biomass that is left behind after biofuel is made may be a promising carbon-neutral animal feed supplement. When you read about algae there is often a discrepancy between macro- and microalgae… Continue reading Algae aka ‘green coal’ and ‘green protein’
[8th, May 2014] While there may be little use for most of the algae growing in Midwestern farm ponds, researchers at Texas A&M University are finding algae co-products can be used in cattle rations. Since algae is 40 percent oil, researchers were trying to determine what could be done with the remaining 60 percent, says Tryon Wickersham, an animal scientist at Texas A&M… Continue reading Algae co-products providing protein source in Texas A&M research
[7th, May 2014] De-fatted microalgal biomass, a by-product from biofuel production, may serve as a new generation ingredient for animal diets. It also has potential to add value to the end products. Although the use of whole microalgae in animal diets has long been studied, the de-fatted biomass of… Continue reading Microalgae in animal feed
[5th, May 2014] Algal Scientific, a Northville, MI-based startup focused on improving animal feed and human nutrition as well as wastewater treatment, said last week that it has raised $3 million in new venture capital funding. Participating in the round were Evonik… Continue reading Algal Scientific’s Breakthrough Animal-Health Discoveries Draw Investor Interest